Do you find yourself falling back on the tired date of dinner and a movie? Without a doubt, it’s an easy rut to fall into. To truly wow a prospective partner or a life mate, it’s not just a good idea to be creative with dating; it could change your relationship for the better. It’s common knowledge that doing fun things with your partner can stimulate your relationship but it’s a little less obvious that the human brain needs change to remain stimulated. That applies to dating. In addition to engaging brain cells, it can help two people to see one another in a different light while getting out of their comfort zones. Read on for some examples to spark your creativity.
1. Get moving. Many people find themselves more fully alive and in tune with their partner during and after exercise. Recreational sports like skiing or mountain biking are great ways to enjoy each others company while getting the blood flowing. Remember to be creative about the whole thing and operate inside your own budget. You could go for a run in the park or play laser tag. You’ll both be refreshed and exercising the need for play will help to relax you for whatever comes next.
2. Surprise! Everyone likes surprises. Almost everyone at least. Adding a component of surprise(executed properly) can make a date feel magical and create lasting memories. Surprises might be physical objects but an experience will always stick with someone forever. An impromptu visit from a musician or unexpected trip to a beautiful new location can elevate a date to legendary levels.
3. Gifts. Don’t bring flowers. Avoid the typical gifts that spring to mind. Think outside the box. Hopefully you’ve gleaned enough information about your date that you know what they like. Consider the quirks of them on an individual level and find a connection to something that they are passionate about or intimately connected to. Make sure to present it in a novel way. Presentation is part of the experience.
4. Broadening Horizons. There’s millions of ways to broaden horizons. You and your date can push each other’s tastes through eating new foods or attending a concert that neither of you are familiar with. Whatever it is, do a little advance research to make sure it won’t ruin your fun. Then dive in together and revel at this new world you’ve discovered.
5. Learning a New Skill or Hobby. You could take an ice skating lesson together or learn to tango. There’s a world of things that both of you don’t know how to do so you should be able to agree on at least one that would be fun to be terrible at together.
The only limit to your dating potential is your creativity. You don’t have to be a Euromillions lottery winner. Just show your date that you can show them something different and make a night or a day special for them.